George Bush Is Ignorant: The State of the United States and other Political Ramblings...

A law student and new mother takes a look at politics in the United States, George Bush's political manueuvering, and other issues of justice.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Mother, Woman of Color, Activist, Progressive,

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Impeach his Lousy, Good-for-little-more-than-starting-another-Vietnam-esq-war Butt!

I came across this article on one of my favorite blogs- the http://impeachbushcoalition.blogspot.com and I must say, I am happy to learn that impeachment is not such a "radical" thought for Americans now. I mean, after all, wasn't it just a mere eight years ago that a certain American president was impeached for lying about an affair? I really have a hard time grasping the inconsistencies because nearly the same elected body impeached eight years ago for less substantial reasons than this current administration has given. Yet, here we are, aside from a little grumbling, unable to garner democratic support for something that should be a no-brainer. Now, I didn't think the last president should have been impeached. The power of impeachment should really only be used in the most extreme cases of fraud and abuse of power. Otherwise, we will be impeaching every president from now till- well you know the drill. Now if George Bush, Jr. doesn't fit the bill for impeachment, with his lies about Iraq and WMD, his lies about links between Al Qaida and Iraq (not to mention Iraq and 9/11), his domestic spying program, the CIA leak under his reign, and about a dozen other things that are slipping this overworked and underpaid mother's mind at the moment. You know what I think? I think that democrats (some or most) and republicans have (since our last impeachment hoorah) a tacit agreement to leave impeachment alone. Either that or some democrats are just so deathly scared of a McCarthyism-type of impeachment situation, after seeing their fearless leader nearly destroyed over lies about sex. I'll have to really think about this some more. As I think about it, why don't you do the same.. The article link follows..

http://www.sfbg.com/40/17/cover_impeach.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Begin Bush Ribbon Code -->
Terror Alert Level
Google
 
Web GEORGEBUSHISIGNORANT.BLOGSPOT.COM
Who links to me? Blog Flux Directory